The Construction Estimator candidate will be responsible for generating detailed cost-analysis and scope of work estimates using historical data, contractor quotes and site surveys. You will bid commercial/industrial construction projects and provide clients with the cost data gathered. Our ideal candidate has prior experience in construction consulting and cost estimating.
· Actively pursues projects to bid.
· Prepare and execute estimates.
· Generate commercial/industrial construction project proposals based on cost estimates related to blue-prints, materials, labor costs and other physical data gathered.
· Prepare proposal package using bid forms, in house forms and/or job-specific forms
· Assist in the management of commercial/industrial construction projects from start to finish, contract review, job set up, track and compare job cost to estimates, material procurement, prepare project documents (warranty applications RFIs, Cos, ASIs), complete project close-out (warranties, payments, permits).
· Visit work sites as needed.
· Attend progress meetings, seminars, trainings as directed.
· Coordinate with higher level project management teams, other construction trades and support staff.
· Reads and understands contract documents (plans, specifications & addenda).
· Performs quantity take-offs, organizes, and prices information.
· Communicates with subs and suppliers to clarify pricing information.
· Prepares estimate formats in such areas as general conditions, general bidding, quantity takeoffs and bid analysis.
· Preparation of bid proposal for submittal.
· Prepares outline schedules for proposed projects.
· Assists staff members with various special projects related to estimating.
· Understand the scope of work to accurately project the cost of upcoming projects.
· Review and evaluate cost estimates including labor, material, and other costs.
· Communicate with trade partners and team members regarding new and current projects.
· Ensure timely completion of estimates.
· Maintain a well in the advance calendar; for any foreseeable and potential problems to avoid costly production delays and to ensure the project is started and completed on time.
· Produce monthly progress billings and /or change orders.
· Manage bid pricing from all vendors.
· Prepare cost analysis.
· Build and develop working relationships with vendors, suppliers, and subcontractors.
· Visit sites, warehouses, and other venues to gather essential information.
· Perform risk analysis.
· Must be able to work in a team atmosphere.
· Must be self-motivated and able to learn and implement their job responsibilities.
· Must be able to provide the time necessary to meet project bidding goals and deadlines.
Requirements and Qualifications
· Bachelor's degree in construction management/estimating related field, or equivalent education and experience in the field.
· Preferred working knowledge of The Edge Estimator Software or On-Center Software
· Working knowledge of Microsoft Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
· Ability to work under pressure and to meet tight deadlines.
· Ability to operate office equipment, such as a computer, printer, phone, copier, fax, etc.
· Salaried position (compensation based on experience)
· Medical, Dental, Vision, and Life coverage
· Paid Time Off
· Dog-friendly office